3. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ('the Act'), the data controller is T.Caudwell.
2. The information we collect from you and how we use it
1. When you visit the Website, register on the Website, report a problem with our Website, enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us or order any Products, T.Caudwell collects information including your name, job title, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number. Products viewed and such other information which we deem necessary to supply you with the Products. Where necessary, the information collected is transmitted in a secure manner to third parties to assist T.Caudwell to supply you with the Products requested by you and to maintain the support services of T.Caudwell. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
2. T.Caudwell will use aggregate information and statistics, (but, which will not contain your identifying information) for the purposes of monitoring your usage of the Website in order to help us develop the Website and the Products we offer. T.Caudwell may provide such aggregate information to third parties.
3. T.Caudwell collects information which is based upon your behaviour and navigation on the Website. This information allows T.Caudwell to carry out internal research on the user's interests, demographics and behaviour so that we can better understand, and in turn provide better information and Products to you and other customers.
4. T. Caudwell will also use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information, to provide you with information about Products or special offers which may be of interest to you and we or they have the option of contacting you about these using the email addresses that you have provided.
5. From time to time, T. Caudwell will also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We will have the option of contacting you by email, telephone, fax or post. We will use the information to customise the Website according to your interests.
6. If you contact T. Caudwell we will have the option of keeping a record of that correspondence.
1. Cookies are small data files which most website operators place on the browser or hard drive of their user's computer. Cookies help analyse web traffic and allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
2. T. Caudwell uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our Website in order to tailor it to customer needs. T. Caudwell only uses this information for statistical purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
4. You are free to decline T. Caudwell's cookies although that may impair certain features on the Website.
4. Protecting your information
1. T. Caudwell is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
2. Notwithstanding the above, it should be appreciated that no system is entirely fool-proof and the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although T.Caudwell will do its best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk and you should be careful when you reveal any confidential information to any third party.
5. Disclosure of your information
1. T. Caudwell will disclose your information to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
2. If T. Caudwell or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, the information we hold about you will be one of the transferred assets.
6. Updating your details
If any of the information that you have provided to T. Caudwell changes, for example if you change your e-mail address, name or payment details, please write to us at The Yard, Yew Tree Cottage, Heath Road, East Farleigh, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 0LR or send an e-mail to email@example.com
7. Your Rights
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
1. Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
2. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet T. Caudwell's costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to T. Caudwell, The Yard, Yew Tree Cottage, Heath Road, East Farleigh, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 0LR.
8. Other terms
2. Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to other websites of interest. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and the T. Caudwell do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
3. Where T. Caudwell has given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.